Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Traditions

    Merry Christmas Eve to everyone... I, first, want to go ahead and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and I hope everyone has safe travels where ever you may go. 
    This is the first Christmas that Braeden kind of understands the concept of Santa. Paul and I are overly stoked about that!! What I want to do is go over my family's Christmas traditions, and I would love to hear about yours...
    Until I met my husband, I never really realized that people did things differently ... I never gave it much thought. I knew about other types of celebrations, like Hanukkah, but I just never put much thought into the fact that others can do things differently. Here's what I'm referencing... My family always has a Chistmas Eve dinner (and it's not usually the regular Christmas dinner but some thing special, like we've done "fish n' chips" before). Then, after dinner, we open the gifts we got each other. Once we're finished with that, we set out the cookies for Santa, and go to bed... awaiting his arrival. Being the oldest of 3, I usually had my sister slumber party it up with me that night... I realize now, it was more to keep them from waking up at 2 am and getting into Santa's presents.  My sisters would wake me up anywhere between 6-7am to go upstairs and see what Santa brought. I would first go up, and make sure our parents were awake before I "released the hounds." Now, that we're older, we still keep our Chistmas Eve traditions in tact, but I share my Christmas Day with my husbands family.
   My husbands family did things a little differently when he was a child. Their focus on everything was actually mostly all on Chistmas day. 
    As I grow older, I find that my thoughts towards Chistmas have changed. I make sure I remember what Chistmas is truly about. I've also noticed my focus has changed from "presents, presents, presents" to spending time with family and giving more than the whole receiving aspect. I honestly enjoy this outlook better. I also am enjoying getting to witness Christmas from a childs point of
view watching my son learn more and more about the Christmas season. This truly is "the best time of the year!" And we are loving every minute of it. So,
I want to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment