Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Healthy Dessert? Yes Please!!!! Wait unitl you hear the special ingredient in this Chocolate Pudding...

        So... this eating healthy thing is hard for some {aka: me}. I used to eating something sweet or a dessert after dinner. It's probably the worst habit I have. I'm not dieting, but I'm trying to eat healthier. Not just for me, but I'm breastfeeding my baby girl. I know if I'm eating healthy, it benefits her as well. All that being said, I needed to find a way to get my "sweet fix." I'm hoping to find more recipes for you all that are just a great as this one. Now, when I tell you what it is... have an open mind. It's super good!!! My mother, toddler, and husband all approved it. They said it was great. My husband ate it without even knowing what was in it {hehehe}. Ok, so it's Avocado Chocolate Pudding. Yes, I'm still on this Avocado kick... but this was surprisingly delicious. I plan to make more and more of it.

Here's the recipe:

Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Serving size: 4-6

2 ripe avocados
1 tablespoon of Chocolate Hazelnut spread (I used Nutella.)
1-2 tablespoon of honey (It depends on how sweet you prefer it. I always prefer using local honey.)
1/4 cup of cocoa powder (I used Hershey's. You can use the regular or the dark chocolate kind.)
1/4-1/2 cup of low fat milk, coconut milk, or almond milk (I used almond milk.)

The easiest way to prepare this pudding is by putting all the ingredients, except the milk, into a food processor. Blend them together, and slowly add the milk. I would only start with 1/4 cup of milk, and then add more until the texture is how you like it. I like mine to be a little bit thinner than mousse texture. You can serve right then, but I suggest letting it chill (covered if possible) for at least 30 minutes. I topped mine with chopped almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment