Thursday, June 18, 2015

Best Darn {and HEALTHY} Avocado Egg Salad

        Yes, I may eventually get off this avocado kick that I've been on. I've been having such a blast experimenting with all these different recipes. I can totally do this "healthy eating" thing if I can keep finding  such wonderful recipes to make. Since I'm a mother of two kids (one a toddler and the other only 2 months old), I have to find recipes that are easy and quick to make. I don't have much free time these days. The other issue is finding recipes that the whole family will eat. I first saw the idea of an avocado egg salad on Pinterest. {I practically live on that website.} However, I came up with my own recipe, it's something I love to do. The best part of this recipe.... NO MAYO REQUIRED!!

Here's the recipe:

Avocado Egg Salad
Serving Size: 2-3 sandwiches
Prep time: 10 minutes Chill time: 30 minutes

1 ripe avocado
3 large eggs, hard boiled
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon of celery salt
Salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon of each)

While your eggs are in the process of boiling, mash your ripe avocado in a medium sized bowl. Add all your ingredients to the mashed avocado. Stir well, and set aside. Once eggs have boiled and cooled. Peel off the shell, rinse in water (just to make sure all the shell is off). Rough chop, and add to the avocado mixture. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes prior to serving. I can always find something to do for 30 minutes while it's chilling {I do have 2 children after all}. I prefer to eat my egg salad on lightly toasted bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment