Saturday, August 1, 2015

Get out, unplug, and enjoy your weekend!

        I'm sitting here on a Saturday morning with 'Captian' Jake and the Neverland Pirates on the TV, my little man cuddling me on my left, and my sweet pea napping in her bouncy chair. A few years ago, I would have thought this was a total waste of a perfectly good Saturday. Now, I realize this is a perfect Saturday.
       For the longest time, I thought Saturdays were meant for catching up on all the work you couldn't get completed during the week. My how things change. Every Friday evening, I'll ask Paul the same question, "Do we have to be anywhere in the morning?". As soon as the words come out of my mouth, I begin praying the answer is NO. I'm begging to learn that the weekend should be meant for relaxation. We all work hard during the week, whether it's working at the office or just being a mother {In my opinion, that's one of the most challenging jobs a woman can do.}. We should maximize our weekends, but maximize our relaxation techniques- not by working even harder. I'm not going to lie, and let you think I won't be doing anything this weekend (or any weekend). Trust me, the essentials will still be done (dishes, laundry, picking up, etc,), but I will make sure I spend plenty of time with my family and friends.
        Life should be a never ending learning experience, and I am learning to simply love and enjoying other's company. So, I suggest you all do the same. Housework can wait {and trust me, it will still be there waiting for you}, unplug from technology, and go do something with your friends or family today. I hope you have a fun-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment