Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Best alternative to Mayonnaise...

      While making my turkey sandwich for lunch today, I decided that I should try to make it as healthy as possible. Personally, I prefer to make sandwiches with bread. I know making a wrap with either a tortilla shell or lettuce leaf is ultimately the healthiest option. However, I'll stick with my usual honey wheat bread. I added some spinach and fresh tomato. As I was reviewing the best way to make my sandwich healthy, I remember that I had purchased a ton of avocados at the store the other day. {Kroger had them on sale!} So, I decided to make an avocado spread to put on my sandwich instead of mayonnaise. I knew Jimmy John's has a killer avocado spread on some of their sandwiches, so I figured I can keep that in mind as I made it. My spread was not a perfect match, but it definitely did not disappoint! So, here's the recipe:

Avocado Sandwich Spread
Yields: 1 1/2 cup {approx. 3 sandwiches worth}
Cook Time: 5 mins

Ingredients:

1 avocado, ripe
1- 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice {depends on how thick or thin you prefer your spread}
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4-1/2 salt and pepper {season to taste}

Directions:
Place all ingredients into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Apply to sandwich. ENJOY! :)


       {I'm not a professional photographer, but I think this sandwich looks pretty darn yummy}

No comments:

Post a Comment