Monday, July 6, 2015

Simple and Soothing Oatmeal Bath Soak {Perfect for Babies!}

           I am always looking for some easy and quick projects. I was thrilled when I found this recipe for an Oatmeal Bath Soak. I've noticed it's super easy for a baby or toddler to get a heat rash. In the Summertime, they tend to get too hot and sweaty. In the Winter, they have so many layers of clothing on, they get hot and sweaty, thus resulting in heat rashes. This bath soak is the perfect thing to add to your child's bathwater and help soothe the rash. Extra plus, it's edible... My two and a half year old son loves making a game out of finding the oatmeal pieces and eating them. Not my favorite thing he does, but at least I know it's ok if he does eat it. I've attached a video from our MommyVlog YouTube channel that goes step-by-step on how to make the bath soak.

Ingredients:

Soothing Oatmeal Bath Soak

-1 container of Old Fashioned oatmeal {Tip: If you grind the oats first in the blender or food processor, it can help prevent the plug from getting clogged.}
-1 container of baking soda (regular sized)
-1package of dried milk
-1 Teaspoon of spearmint flavoring or 1 teaspoon of spearmint essential oil

Directions: Pour all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Store in an air-tight container. {Put in a Mason Jar and give as a cute gift.}

No comments:

Post a Comment