Friday, July 10, 2015

Healthy Toddler Teething Biscuits

                  I've been making different biscuits, cookies, and snacks for my little man since he was about 8 months old. He started cutting his teeth around 2 or 3 months old. I'm fairly certain he was between 4-6 months when we started him on baby food. By around 8 months he could nibble on just about anything he wanted... and when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING! We always had to keep an eye on him to make sure he wouldn't get ahold of anything he should have. {Who am I kidding?! We still have to make sure he doesn't have anything he shouldn't at nearly 3 years old.} Anyways, this is one of my favorite recipes for an easy and healthy toddler snack. Best part, I usually have most, if not all, of the ingredients in my pantry at any given time. **The clickable title link below is a video from the MommyVlog YouTube channel of us making the biscuits. Oh, and it includes bloopers.**

Healthy Toddler Teething Biscuits
Yields about 12 biscuits

Ingredients:
-1 cup of Whole Wheat flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 ripe banana
-1 snack sized container of applesauce (approx. 1/2 cup)
-1 egg
-1/4 cup of honey {Tip: If you oil or spray oil in your measuring cup prior to pouring the honey in, it will come out of the measuring cup much easier.}
-2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil


Directions: Preheat oven to 375. First, peel and smash the banana in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Next, add the applesauce and mix well. Next, add the rest of your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon). Then, mix in the egg, honey, and oil. Stir until well blended. Roll into 1 inch ball or ovals. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.
^^^ That is how I typically roll mine out.
^^^ Finished product 


No comments:

Post a Comment