Sunday, January 4, 2015

Baby update... Week 25

I'm getting closer and closer to my third trimester... Yay!!  Well, baby girl is around 13 1/2-14 inches long (according to my baby apps). That about the size of a rutabaga or big stalk of cauliflower. 
     Really though, who has the job of coming up with the food to relate to the size of the baby.... I'd go with something more realistic or relatable, like the length of a large butternut squash. Even though it says she's only about a pound and a half in weight, I feel like she's a large butternut squash weighing in at 3 or more pounds. I'm know she's not that heavy yet, but the best is yet to come ;). She's very active too! I feel her kicking or punching ALL THE TIME. 
    As for me, the doctor told me I need to work on gaining weight... Yeah, that's right. For the first time in my life, I've been told to GAIN weight. In my first trimester, I was so sick I lost about 10-15 pounds. I've only gained 2 pounds from my pre-baby weight. The doctor told me that I need to catch up on my weight gain. So, I have a legit excuse to eat more. Don't worry, I know I need to do it the healthy way. 
       I'm still dealing with a ton of neck, shoulder, arm, and back pain. The bigger I get, the worse it will probably become. I was having such bad pain 2 weeks ago, my doctor had me come in to make sure it wasn't pre-term labor. It wasn't, just the way the baby is bouncing on my cervix. For comfort, I've had to limit the amount I walk. I never experienced any of this during my pregnancy with Braeden. It's totally different this time around. I'm definitely looking forward to April! 
     We had to do a re-scan last week so the doctor could see the nose bone and bladder (she had emptied it before the last ultrasound). We got a great profile picture, and we were able to see the nose bone. However, she wouldn't be  MY daughter, if she wasn't stubborn.  She emptied her bladder, yet again. We have to do another ultrasound next time too. (Darn, more pictures!) The doctor did say that my amniotic fluids were normal, which means the baby is peeing... They just HAVE TO see the bladder. She's such a stinker already! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment