Monday, January 5, 2015

Night night fish...

   We are working with Braeden to make sure he gets the idea of a sibling on its way. We will point at my stomach and tell him there's a baby in there. Also, we talk about his baby sister on the way. He'll lean over and kiss my stomach and say "wuv you." His most recent thought on the baby is rather hilarious. I pointed to my stomach the other day and said, "There's a baby in there. It's a little sister." He said, "No, fish." I proceeded to argue with him for a few minutes that it's not a fish, that it is his sister. It was a pointless argument, and ended with me saying, "Ok, think what you like."
     Two nights later, we were saying good night to everyone. He had said, "Night night Braeden (yes, he tells himself goodnight), night night mommy, night night daddy, night night moke moke..." Then, he paused, and said, "night night fish." I started laughing so hard and told him that his sister is not a fish! All he said was, "No, fish." 
      Every night since then, he's said, "night night fish." Every night, I laugh but I don't argue anymore. I think it's sweet he tells her goodnight, even if he calls her a fish. I think he's now doing just because it makes me laugh. I look forward to seeing how he acts when his "lil fishy" finally gets here. I love him and his "lil fishy" so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment