Monday, March 30, 2015

Yummy and quick dinner under $10

     Tonight, I am making one of my husbands favorite dinners: Baked Ziti. I have to admit though... The store I shopped at had everything I bought on sale today. Normally, this meal should be under $15 to make... Today, it was honestly $9.96. The best part, it usually lasts us at least 2 nights (sometimes 3). It shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to complete.

Ingredients:
-2 cans of vodka pasta sauce (I normally buy Prego brand)
-1 box of ziti pasta (if penne is on sale, by all means get penne pasta)
-1 lb of ground mild Italian pork sausage (you can use ground beef or turkey, but I like the flavor the sausage adds)
-1 package of shredded Mozerlla cheese

Cooking directions:

Pre-heat the oven to 325. In a medium sauce pan, cook your ground sausage thoroughly. Drain off excess grease, if needed. Add both cans of vodka sauce and bring to boil. (I always rinse the jars out with a little bit of water or wine, and add it to the pan.) Once sauce is boiling, reduce heat and let simmer. In the meantime, boil your water for your pasta. I always salt and oil the water. Cook your pasta according to the doneness you prefer. *When baking most people suggest only cooking the pasta to al dente because baking it will finish the cooking process.* Drain pasta, and return to pot. Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well. Pour pasta into baking dish (I use a large casserole dish.) Sprinkle the Mozerlla cheese over the top of the pasta (yes, I use the whole bag.) Place into oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese just starts to turn golden.  

There you have it... ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment