Friday, February 27, 2015

Baby Update... Week 32 (almost 33)

      As you all know by now, this has not been a smooth pregnancy for me. In fact, at this point... April 20th can't come soon enough (but I definitely want the baby to wait until then to come). I feel sorry for my husband, family, and friends that have to listen to me complain all the time. I have to bargain the hubbs to type out any posts here lately because I am still having awful arm, neck, and back pain. It seems to only get worse the more and more pregnant I become. Thankfully, my physical therapist thinks some of the pain should ease off after delivery (again, looking forward to April 20). However, the PT and my primary care doctor both think there may be an underlying cause for my arm pain that has been probably irritated by pregnancy. I am still having asthma issues, as well. My OB said that the bigger the baby gets, the harder it can become to breathe. I'm essentially what people call a "HOT MESS".... and everyone around me can vouch for the "hot" part of that.... I seem to always be hot... even when it's 30 degrees outside. --Not kidding. I had the window cracked in the car today because the sun was beating in on me making me sweat, but it was only 32 degrees outside at the time.
        Actual baby update information... Most of my apps say the baby should be around 3-4 pounds by now and around 17-19 inches long. I have not had my last ultrasound to confirm any of that just yet, but from the kicks and punches I constantly feel, I can believe that. The baby should be practicing her breathing and sucking by now. She can suck her thumb now... how sweet! I had an OB appointment earlier in the week, and the doctor said that I measure exactly where I should be (at 32 weeks). He listened to her heartbeat and had to move the stick like 3 times because she is so active. He even made a comment that she must be really active. He, also, noted that the heart sounds great. Every thing looks great on the OB side. He said I've only gained about 9 lbs overall, and he didn't sound to thrilled about that. However, he understands that I ended up losing about 10-15 in my first trimester because my nausea and morning sickness was so bad. OH, and speaking of that, I'm only of the lucky few moms-to-be that the nausea has returned for me in the 3rd trimester. Thankfully, he said I can start taking my nausea medicine again to help alleviate it. I have definitely been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions this time around. With my first pregnancy, I didn't know what a contraction felt like until I was in active labor. Now, that I'm a little more experienced, I can tell when I am having those now. They seem to become more frequent the more pregnant I become, but they are not constant and always infrequent enough not to cause me concern just yet.
        I've got to say, I am so happy to know that everything seems wonderful on the OB side of things. I do wish I haven't had such a troubling pregnancy with all the other stuff that has surrounded it. However, I wouldn't change it for the world. I cannot wait to meet our baby girl! I am so blessed to actually be pregnant and made it this far even with all the other problems surrounding this pregnancy. Any time I find myself complaining too much about being pregnant, I make sure I take a step back and remember that day when I was 11 weeks thinking the worse was about to happen. I am truly blessed in so many ways.
       Update on Big Bro... He seems to be understanding a little better now and seems to be getting excited. However, I know he won't totally understand until she's here (and stays here). I've heard so many stories about siblings asking about when will we take the baby back to the hospital, and I will not be shocked if I have that conversation at some point with him. I just truly hope he really really loves "his fishy" as much as he says he does now. He love to feel her move and kisses my stomach all the time. He will even tell us he loves baby sister.

       I am thoroughly looking forward to this new journey in my life that God has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment