Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Post Pregnancy Fitness Goals

       Since I am currently only 2 weeks post partum, I have not started a strenuous exercise or fitness plan. My OB  put a 6 week post partum lifting restriction of no more than baby plus carrier. From what I've read, that's pretty typical. Due to that, I am trying to keep to that rule. However, you all know that
I do have a 2 1/2 year old toddler complicating that. All in all, thanks to the help of my husband and family, I have been able to mostly stick to only letting him climb in my lap to be held. 
       All that being said, I have been inspired and motivated, mostly by my beautiful children, to work at becoming the healthiest version of me. Unfortunately, I am still having some medical issues. I am still having back and neck pain, along with terrible and constant migraines. I know this will complicate things a little for me on this journey. 
        So far... I am below my pre-pregnancy weight. The only thing I have done, thus far, is wear a post-partum corset to help get my uterus back into shape and breastfeed. The corset does seem to make my stomach appear flatter not only while wearing it, but also when I remove it. Breastfeeding is not only one of the best things you can do for your baby, but it burns a ton of calories (major positive!). 
       I am going to include a picture of me showing pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy, and where I am currently post-partum. The pre-pregnancy picture was taken about 1 month prior to conceiving my daughter. The post-partum picture was taken today. I'm 2 weeks and 2 days pp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment